With winter right around the corner, many who suffer seasonal allergies see the change of season as a well-deserved break. The health issues that follow with this new season are typically associated with the dry air that comes with winter. Humidifiers provide a host of benefits, especially in the winter and should be considered if you suffer from winter-related health concerns.
Important Health Benefits of Utilizing Humidifiers in the Winter:
• Germs- Running a humidifier in your home greatly reduces airborne germs that can take up residence in your sinuses.
• Lips/skin- Winter is a bully on your skin and lips. Dry, itchy skin and painful cracked lips are an ailment to many in the winter months. Increasing the humidity in your home can provide relief.
• Congestion- Dry air can cause a stubborn clog in the sinuses, but a humidifier increases moisture in the air and keeps the sinuses flowing. Oftentimes, congestion and colds cannot be completely prevented, but there are options to offer faster healing and relief.
• Healing time is faster- Humidity has been proven to speed up the time it takes to heal and recover from various ailments.
• Snoring- Did you know that moist air diminishes snoring? It’s not a promise to banish that noise from your home, but it has been proven to improve snoring symptoms.
• Nosebleeds- Dry air is a common denominator for the cause of nosebleeds. Increased moisture greatly decreases the chances of waking up in a panic to a nosebleed.
Many things are out of our control when it comes to environment, germs and discomfort, but take control of your humidity with a humidifier from Universal Heating and Cooling. Contact us today and schedule an appointment!